Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: No UFC 76 talk?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    No UFC 76 talk?

    Griffin over Shogun
    Jardine over Liddell
    Fitch over Sanchez??



    UFC gets no love. Overall good ppv.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    I was also surprised that nobody made a thread about it .. but I guess it's just as much our own fault than anyone else's.

    I didn't get to watch it, but I saw the results and was shocked at what happened. Can't believe Shogun got whipped by Forrest Griffin, and the fact that Keith Jardine beat Chuck Liddell is just laughably bad. The "iceman" has indeed been shattered it seems.

    Here are videos of all the fights (scroll down the page a bit) .. lots of "decision" victories in this one:
    http://www.mmatko.com/category/fight-videos/
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    I wouldn't say it was laughable. Most people who have been watching for awhile knows that Chuck's biggest weakness is going against someone that has decent standup. When he fought in Pride, he was getting manhandled by Overeem until Chuck landed the big punch. Overeem's own fault for leaving his gaurd down.
    crack is whack

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    I've been meaning to put the results on here but I have been lazy about it. I figured someone would have put it on here Sun. morning, but oh well. Guess everyone was in tears because Chuck and Shogun lost.

    I for one had my money on Forrest in that fight. I thought Chuck would have won his fight, but who would have guessed that the fight would have went to a decision.
    crack is whack

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    I wasnt shocked that Griffin won. Maybe a litte surprised. To some degree, its difficult for PRIDE fighters, outside of Jackson, to come in and fight UFC rules.

    Now the Liddel loss did shock me. I never figured it to go to the judges, let alone losing.

    What does this say for the Silva/Liddel fight? Does Wanderlei fight Jardine or Griffin?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    Wandy wants Griffin now. IMO Silva needs to prove he can even fight at that level anymore. Shogun is the best at ChuteBoxe at this time. Hendo destroyed Silva in Pride, but Dana want play it that way. He will try to pump up a blow up doll and throw it in the cage if it will make him a dollar.
    crack is whack

  7. #7
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    He is the problem with UFC. Who does Shogun fight? What about Liddell? Could he fight Rua?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No UFC 76 talk?

    Chuck's trainer John Hackleman has said they are looking to fight Shogun hopefully as soon as Dec.
    crack is whack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •